Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Just another mama blog?

That was going to be my title for the blog. But more than blending in with the other mom blogs, I wanted to be honest about what I'm doing here. And so far, for the last 16+ months (actually ever since we embarked on the family-making), I've just been given opportunity after opportunity to learn about how to let go. Like I'm doing an internship. A really hard one where I feel constantly alone and overworked and I can't see the payoff and there's no financial bonus check so I can take a vacay to Mexico every year.
Nope, what happens is that I find something to hold onto, I do it too tightly, and the exact experience comes into my life to help me let go. What it feels like is that I am barely hanging on, day after day, and just when I feel somewhat okay, I am forced to let go of something else. Everything from expectations to food to visions to stuff I don't even know about yet (ack!).
And I didn't think I had a problem letting go. Honestly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kalev

Kalev
My favorite baby

My inspiration

My inspiration