Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A hard post to write...

I'm not ready to talk about HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) yet. But I am ready to start getting ready. For now I will link to this post and then maybe I will try to reflect on my own (unfortunately, similar) experience. And one day I will also let it go...until then...

I might come back and update soon, as I recently met another woman with HG and I  was compelled to email her the helpher.org website. I remember how hard it was, how strange it was to hate being pregnant (especially when I wanted to be pregnant SO badly AND everyone was asking me constantly if it was amazing---which is never was), and how defeated I felt every time I had to throw up (anywhere from 8+ times/day to 2 times/day, later in my pregnancy, until K's birth).

Please don't diminish a pregnant woman's experience of HG. It's not simple nausea. It can be life-threatening if not treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kalev

Kalev
My favorite baby

My inspiration

My inspiration